In today’s modern world, working remotely has become increasingly common and we’re very lucky to have access to multiple digital methods of communication that make it very doable. When it comes to crucial times such as the coronavirus outbreak, many companies are able to provide their employees with the safest opportunity which is to do their jobs online.
Having the privilege to work from home means better concentration, more organisation and great outcomes. The reason being that you’re not going to be disturbed or feeling as much pressure like you generally would be in the office, rather you’re working in your comfort zone.
If you are one of these people then you should be responsible, productive and committed to the required tasks because that’s what your managers expect in return. In this article, you will find some tips and tricks that promote work from home effectively.
- Wake up with a mindset that you’re going to work, start on time and finish on time.
- Start your day with a cup of coffee and a healthy breakfast that will keep you energised and hardworking.
- Choose a quiet and neat place to work at home, make sure it’s free of distractions.
- Keep your pets away because they can be disturbing, or if you don’t mind keep them around.
- Do not work in your pyjamas! Instead wear something that is less comfortable so you don’t end up drowsy on your desk.
- Put social media aside or even log out if you don’t need it as part of your job. Reason is, you are likely going to keep scrolling through your newsfeed and waste a lot of your time.
- Set time frames for every task, give yourself more time than you actually need.
- Keep a journal, write down a list of tasks each day and mark them off as you go.
- Take your breaks just like you would in the office, try not to exceed or daydream.
- Keep in contact with your colleagues, team leaders, supervisors and managers as per usual. Teamwork can still be maintained and connections can still be established.
- Play some music if you find it helps you focus more often.
- Plan ahead for the following day.
- Send emails and reports with finished work to management, this ensures that you are well on track and provides you with necessary feedback.