With the fast-paced bustling routines most of us live by, it can be hard to regularly set aside time to bake something satisfying and delicious. Which is why we took the time to collect these yummy sweet treat recipes, and the best part is, they can all be made in a microwave! So whether you're a student craving a sweet treat on a budget, or an overworked adult craving something new, there’s bound to be something here for you.
1. Chocolate chip cookie in a cup
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 1 minute Total time: 6 minutes
Chocolate Chip cookies are a baking staple, that suit any time and mood. This recipe is great because if you are cutting back sweets or have slight issues with impulse control you can make just one cookie!
1. Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Butter should just be melted, not boiling.
2. Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine.
4. Add flour, then stir again. Measure a scant, slightly less than full, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
5. Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Now your mixture will look like cookie dough. Add a few chocolate chips to the top of the cookie dough.
6. Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds.
7. Serve warm.
2. Chocolate peanut butter mug cake
Prep time: 5 minutes
Chocolate and Peanut butter are always a great pairing, just look at Reese’s cups for example. This recipe is fantastic because you can make your own peanut butter - chocolate cup and control the ratio as you please.
1. Melt the butter in a small dish.
2. Add the peanut butter and mix well.
3. In the mug, mix together the vanilla, egg, and sugar until well combined.
4. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder and add to the mug. Pour in the peanut butter/butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until desired doneness is reached (all microwaves are different so you might have to experiment a little. Top with cream.
3. Cinnamon roll mug cake
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 1 minute Total time: 6 minutes
Everyone loves a cinnamon roll and we're no different, so naturally when we found out you can make cinnamon rolls without all the extra hassle we just couldn’t believe it.
Cream Cheese Icing
1. Prepare cream cheese icing according to directions listed, set aside. Combine all ingredients (minus cream cheese icing) in a mug then whisk together with a fork until combined and nearly smooth.
2. Microwave mixture on high power for 1 minute then check cake for doneness. If it is not fully cooked microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Serve warm topped with cream cheese icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth then put it on.
4. Cinnamon apples in a bag or a bowl
Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes Total time: 5 minutes
A healthy alternative is always welcomed for dessert, especially if that healthy alternative is just as yummy and easy to make. This cinnamon apples recipe is delightful and what makes it better is that it can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack on the go.
1. Peel or don't peel apple, core and slice or dice. Place in a freezer-quality plastic zippered bag along with remaining ingredients.
2. Seal the plastic bag and shake well to mix ingredients. (If you prefer, place all ingredients into a small microwave-safe bowl and cover loosely.)
3. Reopen bag just a touch to vent. Microwave on high for 2 minutes-- longer if you use a big apple.
4. Carefully open the bag and pour over plain or cinnamon-sugar pita chips, or ice cream.
5. Mini healthy chocolate cake
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 2-3 minutes Total time: 8 minutes
Who says cake can’t be healthy? We sure don’t, but when we found this mint chocolate cake recipe we couldn’t believe something so good was also so healthy!
1. Put all the ingredients together in a bowl then whisk them until it is a paste.
2. Let it rest for one minute.
3. Put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.