"Spend on basics, save on trends!"
It’s all about the basics …While trends come and go; there are 10 wardrobe essentials everyone should have in their wardrobe, according to Stylists..
1. A White T-shirt: The white t-shirt is a cool piece that’s you can wear any day of the year.
2. Black Pants: They’re comfortable, travel-friendly, and a perfect choice for a Polished Casual look.
3. Black Dress: This item in your wardrobe fits any time of the day! You can wear it at work, on a date or even to a special event. No explanation needed!
4. Jeans: we all know you can wear them everywhere at college, work, or for an outing with friends.
5. The Black Hoodie: No matter where you buy yours from, you will look in a style!
6. Layering Necklaces: Multiple delicate necklaces can instantly make a look polished.
“Layering necklaces is a craft,”
-Costume designer: Meredith Markworth-Pollack.
7. Ankle Boots: This wardrobe essential goes with everything from classic look, professional look or casual look.
8. Versatile Sneakers: You can now wear a pair of white sneakers on everything (literally) even with your wedding dress nowadays!
9. Denim Jacket: it’s a timeless layering piece that can be worn in every season.
10. Knit Sweater: The perfect knit sweater works with everything.
It can work with a pair of jeans or a feminine skirt! It's an essential.
Ultimate black dress tip:
“The first step to finding your perfect dress? Know your body shape, and then pick your silhouette.”
-Stylist Jennifer M
Good jeans tip
“Look for a jean jacket that fits snugly on your shoulders, but still has some room for sweaters in the fall and sundresses in the summer.”
-Stylist Brittany M.
Perfect knit sweater tip:
“Look for one that you can reach for in a hurry. This means minimal patterns and neutral colors so you don’t have to put much thought into how it will work with the rest of your look.”
-Stylist Anne R.