As an environment-awareness initiative, Egypt decided to invest in electric cars.
Several major brands have announced the production of electric cars in Egypt along with their prices in the market. Electric cars in Egypt have become popular and widespread recently in the local market, where Egyptians participated in the local manufacturing process.
That said, here are 8 things you need to know about electric cars in Egypt:
- The electric car will be produced and launched in August by Al-Nasr Motors Company by 2022.
- The price of the car ranges from 60K to 360K EGP. The price can vary according to the type and category.
- Three categories will be afforded. The car can reach a maximum speed of 150 km / h, with a capacity of 147 horses and a driving range of more than 400 km in a single charge. The cost of the shipment is 140 EGP at the charging station.
- The car has advanced safety systems such as ABS, EBD, ESC, BA, TCS, HSA.
- It has multiple luxury specifications for your comfort, such as: sunroof, electric chairs, control screen, and air conditioner with plasma technology.
- 50% of the electric cars will be manufactured locally, while the engine, battery, and control unit will be imported. At a later stage, 85% will be manufactured locally.
- The government will provide 50k pounds as a subsidy for each car in the first stages of its production to encourage its marketing locally.
- There’s going to be several charging stations for electric cars in Cairo and Giza and they will be ready when the cars start selling in the market.